Thursday, July 8, 2010

1st trip to the beach...take 1!

Last week we took Ray to the beach for the 1st time! Our trip started on June 26Th when we headed for our 16 plus hour drive to Florida, we left our house around 8 am and drove until we reached Macon GA. Ray did really well, I sat in the back with him because I knew that me trying to occupy his time from the front seat would be impossible. Of course everything he played with ALWAYS ended up on the opposite side that I was, and the kid did NOT I repeat did NOT sleep the whole day, and mother nature decided to pay me a visit so I was in really bad shape. I cryed and would get upset, Ray would say "what madder mommy" I would just smile and tell him I was OK, but I really wanted out of that car! It took us about 10 hours to get to Macon and that's where we stayed the night. Ray finally zonked out at about 9:45pm! We got up the next morning around 7:30 and headed to our destination, St. Pete Beach.

We stayed at my sister's friend condo that is right on St Pete Beach! I love that place, my family has had some great memories there! We were greeted by my dad, mom, sister Amy and my nephew Kaden. It was great to see that my mom got out of the house to come see us when we got in. After my mom and dad left, the rest of us went down to the beach. Ray really liked it...as long as his daddy was holding him!
All ready to go..

Ray and Kaden..

See, he wanted daddy holding him..

Time to go to the pool, he liked taking a shower outside..

The kid loved the pool..




I swear he is smiling in every picture!
Monday we spent at my mom and dads, he really took to my dad! My mom was very tired, she came out to watch Ray swim for a little while but had to go in after about 10 minutes or so..
Sharing a donut with grandpa..

Playing in grandma and grandpa's pool..

New best buds..

1st time he had a good nap, it was about 4 hours long..

And thats just until Monday!
More to come later!

No comments: