Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sick Baby

Ray has his 1st cold! It started Monday night, he was sneezing and had a runny nose. I thought I could smell an odor coming from his ear but Alvin couldn't smell anything. He went down to sleep around 8:00 and he was up 2 times by midnight. He was so congested. After using the "sucky thing" and saline drops, which by the way he absolutely HATES!!!! Alvin finally got him to sleep with him in the recliner. I woke up at about 4:15 and found them there.
I called the Dr. and she saw him this morning and said his ears looked "beautiful" and that he just has "a cold" and to keep doing what I have been. I wish I could do more for him, like give him good cold medicine but he is to young for that stuff, he will just have to settle for Mommy's hugs and kisses (and all that other stuff). I guess "tis the season" for illness, and I should have expected it!
I'm not sure what tonight has in store for us, but I rubbed his chest with Vicks Vapor Rub, sucked his nose out, used saline, turned on the humidifier, gave him some ibuprofen and filled his belly with food. I think that about covers it, so we will see.
I hope everyone is doing good!

No comments: