Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumkin Patch

We had a great and very short visit with my sister and her family! They got here around 1:00 Saturday and left about 4:00 Sunday! But we had a great time. Saturday night my brother, his girlfriend and my nephew Zach came over. Ray had so so much fun with his cousins, they ran around the house like they were outside, wrestled and just had to much fun! Then on Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch, I was glad we got there right when it opened cause when we left, the line was crazy to go on the hay ride. We picked a green pumpkin! I think its pretty neat. We will get an orange one to go with it!
Here's some pictures of the weekend..
Well not this one, it was taken this time last year.

This year...He's changed a little don't cha' think?

Ray and his cousins..

Him and Kayla, I love this picture!

A very requested (by my mom and dad) picture of the 4 out of 5 grand kids, we missed you Kaden!!!

I just had to post this one, it is very normal for Kayla to act crazy, I just think she is way to funny! This will be picture we look at in 20 years and just laugh about!

We have had alot of things happen to us this past week, 1st we replaced our fireplace. That was a MESS!!! What was supposed to be a fairly easy job turned out to be very difficult for Alvin, his dad and brother Steven! It went in fine but they couldn't get the chimney connected and you know that is kinda important, for smoke reasons and for Santa in a couple of months! But by Thursday night they got the job done.
Beginning of the job, I was getting a little worried...

I told Alvin I was nervous, but that I had complete faith in him that he would get the job done and look he did..

So "Thank you" Steve and Dad, for all the hard work and taking time out of your own projects to help him! Thanks to mom and Dawn and kids for coming over and keeping me company!
Then Friday night I get a call from our bank trying to verify a five HUNDRED and something dollar charge to Western Union on Alvin's card! I called Alvin and asked him if he had done that, and he hadn't so in other words "some (excuse me) Jack ASS stole his credit card #" So they stopped the card. No harm was done because the bank declined the charge, but Alvin has no way of getting money or pay for anything until he gets a new card in 5 to 7 days!
Then on Sunday night/Monday morning some (excuse me)JACK ASS tried to steal my van! I had put $4.00 in my console on Sunday (it was not in sight) and I had told Alvin to get in Monday morning (bc he didn't have any money) he came back in the house and said it wasn't there. I thought "some kids went snooping and found it" I was upset but it was only 4 dollars, (my car us out side because of the mess from the fireplace) Well I took Ray out and snapped him in the car seat and then reached over to start the car and noticed copper wires hanging out of my ignition. I went over and got my neighbor that is on the police department and he helped me. My car has a security feature (I think all newer cars have it now) that wont let the car start if it is being "hot wired" so they didn't get it. But we had to have it towed to Alvin's work, I am in a rental car now and its going to cost us our deductible. All I can say is I hope the people enjoyed their (excuse me, MY) 4 dollars!
I hope that is all the bad luck we have for awhile! I hope every one is having a better start to the week than we are!
Bye for now!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fireplace turned out great. Ray has gotten so big, the picture of him in fron of the pumpkins is cute and will have to be an annual thing.

Jessica