Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baby Shower

I think the baby shower went off with out a hitch! For those of you that don't know, My mother in law and myself hosted a baby shower for my sister in law Rachel. We started by playing a game called "winner takes all" we asked people to place some change in a piggy bank and read their advise/wish card to Rachel. Then we had them guess how much change was in the bank, who ever was closest wins "all" detergent and the baby gets the bank. There were some tears shed when the wishes were read. Of course we played Measure Rachel's belly. Then we had Rachel pass around a tray full of baby stuff for people to remember, but what they didn't realize was that they were being quizzed on stuff about Rachel, like the color of shirt she was wearing, was she wearing anything in her hair, fun stuff like that. Then it was time to eat. Everything was very good. For you PDW girls, Terry's cake was awesome as usual. We played one more game and basically people just read a line on a poem and follow the directions on the poem, like who has the biggest shoe size, who had the most lip stick in there purse, silly little questions like that, the one that read the last line was the winner. Then she opened her gifts. She got lots of good stuff! Now little Dylan can come, he wont be fully "cooked" until November 17 so we really need to wait alittle bit longer, but I cant wait to love on him.
Here's some pictures....
The mother and father to be...

All the yummy food...the diaper cake was made by my other sister in law Dawn.

The cake, I had match the train on the plates...

The Hostess...

It was a good day and I hope that it was memorable for her.
Sunday Alvin, Ray and I went to target and we had Ray try on a hat, I am so glad I had my camera...

Then we went to Brownsburg Landscape to let Ray color a pumpkin,we got there before it opened so we sat in the car and let Ray "drive"...


His masterpiece...

We have had a good weekend and now we are watching the colts beat the pants off the seahawks! I hope I didn't just jinks it. Hope you all have a great week!
Bye for now!!!!

2 comments:

DJones said...

You didn't jinx. It was a good game!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I had a wonderful time at the party. You all did a good job! That was a good trick, having Rachel pass the tray of stuff to remember and then having the questions about her. What fun! I would also like to thank you for letting Samantha and Leah join in on the games and party. I think they had a good time and are getting to know some of thier cousins alittle better.
Love you all Aunt Rachel
Go Colts!