Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Back!

Hi everybody! Ray and I made it safely back from Florida Thursday. He's a recap on our week!

We left last Thursday, what a nice new airport!! It was pretty easy to get around, Ray was so good, he slept part of the ways there, he probably would have slept longer but I got so agitated and kept moving around, I guess I was just uncomfortable. We had a isle seat, but the guy next to me (that smelled very much like alcohol) needed to get up to use the restroom as soon as Ray fell asleep. But other than that it was a good flight! My sister was waiting for us and we headed to my mom and dads.

Mommy and Ray getting ready to go through security
Our airplane
Ray in the seat (before we got a neighbor) My mom had had alot of work done that day, Biopsy, Radiation, Blood work and other things. She was soooooo out of it! She needs help getting up, because her back still hurts and they don't want her back to fracture anymore. The Dr.'s expanded the field of Radiation in her back, she will have a total of 15 Radiation treatments, they may do more. She will start Chemo after the Radiation is done. There main concern right now is getting her pain under control. The 1st part of the week she was ok, she stayed on the couch and played her sudoku game , but then Monday night something happened and she went down hill, Tuesday and Wednesday she spent in bed. She is extremely tired. (that's an understatement) Thursday (the day we left) she felt very good! She said if she continues to feel like that she'll be ok!
Grandma and RayGrandpa and Ray
Aunt Amy, Kaden, Sherryl with RayMommy and Ray in Grandma and Grandpa's hot tub on really the only "warm" day we had, it was 65
It was so hard to see my mom like that! She is on so many medications, that half the time she is out of it, one day she almost fell backwards, but my dad caught her. I just cant wait till she is up and around again and can function somewhat normal. My dad takes such good care of her. He is always helping her up or getting her meds or a glass of water or food!
We had a good time, we didn't do anything. But that's ok, we will do all those things when my mom gets better! I just wish the weather would have been better, I know it was colder here, but low to mid 50's for highs and mid to low 30's at night? That's too cold for Florida!
The good Lord was looking out for us when he got us home when we did, Ray is now very sick, I'm getting a cold and on a very sad note, Alvin's Grandma Fennell passed away on Friday 1-23-08. She was a good lady that had been struggling with Alzheimer's for awhile. Her showing is today and her Funeral is tomorrow. Alvin spent alot of time with her when he was younger, she took him and Chuck to New York, he has lots of very fond memories of his Grandma and he is so sad she is gone!
I was suppose to start back to work tomorrow but now it will be Wednesday, I am ready to get back to work! It seems like I have been gone forever!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Shanny, I'm so glad to see your post and hear about your trip. I'm glad your mom is doing better. Sorry to hear about Alvin's Grandma. I'm sure she remembers that visit when she saw Ray. I'll see you at work on Wed. Can't wait to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon
so glad that you and Ray are back and that you had a safe trip. We are praying for your mom and that she will grow stronger and feel better every day. I remember when I brought grandma Jones over to see Ray for the 1st time and your mom was there to help you and Alivn with the new baby. it is wonderful to have those memorys and now you and Ray where able to give her some special memorys too!

There are some memorys that I would like to share with you and Alvin about his grandma Fennell. I remember her as Mrs Springer, she was the director of the community center. we moved to the west side when I was about 10years old. I loved the community center and I remember a lady named jenny that played the pinao,but it was Mrs Springer that did all of the activatys with us kids. There was partys, dances, softball, pingpong, pool, Art&crafts, sleepovers,but my favorite is the hollaween partys and the haunted house. the community center was a big farm house and Mrs Springer would dress up like a witch black hat and all. we would then fix each room of that farm house to look spooky it was so good that people would come from miles around to see it we had a grand time. Mrs Springer didn't quit giving of her time to help other when she retire. she stayed active in her church and with her grandkids. It could not have been easy to raise 2 daughters by her self, but she didn,t spend her time feeling sorry for her self. she always had time to help others and she made the best of what she was given in life. If I can do hafe as good as that I will be happy. she was love and will always stay in our hearts.
Aunt Rachel P.

Anonymous said...

Ok, first I have to tell you that the code word for me to be able to post on this blog is ramen. For those that don't already know, that Kaden's favorite food which he would eat 8 times a day if we would let him. How ironic is that??

Shan, I am so glad you were here. BIG THANKS to the Jones family for that great gift. I know it was hard for you to see Mom as she was feeling but I think it was really important for you to be here. She is doing GREAT today and has been for the last 5 days in a row. Back to her old self pretty much. As a matter of fact, she is starting to do things she shouldn't if that gives you any idea. I love you and I will talk to you soon. A