Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mom update

I talked to my mom today, They are going to keep her until at least Friday. Most of her tests have come back OK with the exception of her liver, they think the infection is in her liver. So they have started giving her antibiotics and very good pain meds, they changed her pain meds because this one is easier on the liver. She said she was very lightheaded after she took it, but the nurse said it was one of the side effects of that medicine. She also said that the chemo meds she is on could cause infection (one of the side effects), this all started about 5 days after her chemo treatment.
She sounds good, but after she "faked" feeling good, I'm not to sure. I feel she is where she needs to be right now. My sister Amy (the one that has been taking care of them) said this may be a blessing in disguise, with her in the hospital it will give my dad a break for a little while, he is under so much stress, making sure she gets her meds when she needs them and making sure he's there for her every move, plus making sure he stays healthy for her.
Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers! I'll update when I know more! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your mom is not feeling well. We will be praying for her and your family.
I love the pictuer of Ray, he is so cute!!
love you all Aunt Rachel P

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's the lastest on your mom. You said she was staying at the hospital until Friday, well it's Friday. Is she home and doing better?

Your page looks great!