Friday, February 6, 2009

SICK!!!!

I have been so so so sick! It started on Monday and I told Alvin that I thought he gave me his chest cold, my chest felt so tight (and I'm not talking "tight" that you just worked out, heaven forbid I work out) Then I got up Tuesday and after finally making it to work from the "not much of any accumulation" snow (thank you weather man, I think they changed there mind when there was already 2 or 3 inches on the ground) where was I? Oh, I was able to make it til lunch with a very deep, scratchy voice due to my chest cold, then I started feeling very sore and achy, Jamie at work suggested I take my temp, it was a low grade fever 99.1 but that is high for me, I'm usually around 96, so due to the snow we were light at work and I told them I was not going to argue if they sent me home, well they did. I went home and watched TV and rested. Then in the middle of the night it all hit me!!!!!!!

I didn't sleep well at all and went and tryed to sleep on the couch then around 2:30 I woke up and had to get sick. (I know more info than you need, but it just got worse, if you no what I mean, I will save you all from the details but it was BAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!) I felt alittle better until about 5:00 then it happened AGAIN! It was awful, that morning I felt like I had been hit with a mac truck, my back, legs, arms, head hurt, even my fingers hurt. I called the Dr and they told me (which I already knew) they couldn't do anything for the Flu but that she (the Dr) would want to listen to my chest due to how bad I sounded. So I made an appointment for 11:00am.
I layed in bed and I wanted my mom! So I call her crying. I'm sure that I was going though nothing that she is going though but I still wanted her, There is nothing like you mom when you sick, here I am a 35 year old mom myself and I still want my mommy!!!

In the mean time Charlene calls and says that Ray is doing the same thing that I am doing. Great, I gave my child this illness that's kickin my butt and I cant take care of him!!!! I called his Dr and they told that there is one nasty bug going around and to give him Pedialyte and call them if he keeps nothing down or not peeing.

I went and saw the Dr and she gave me a nausea/cough medicine and told me to stay home until Friday and get some rest. So to make a very long story short, Ray and I were sick with the Flu/cold, and Alvin is still fighting his Chest cold. Its just been a very happy place to be.

I did go back to work today, I get tried very very fast, but now we have the weekend to recoup. Which I think we all need and its suppose to be a warmer weekend. (if the weather man is right about that) We all need to get better soon cause we are going to be having a PARTY in a little over a month (I really cant believe that) I will let you know when we get better and pray that Alvin doesn't get what we had!!!!

Update on my mom, She had her "port" put in on Monday 2-2-09 and then on Tuesday she had her Bone Infusion done to strengthen her bone's, then she has 1 more radiation on Monday, she meets with her Oncologist on Tuesday and then will probably start chemo after that. She is feeling better if she stays on top of her pain meds, if she doenst she starts to hurt again. She sounds good, she still needs help with things that require her to bend over. The ladies in her bridge club have paid to have a cleaning service come in once a month to clean her house until she is ready to do it. It's that nice!!! Thanks ladies!!!!

Alvins mom and dad had to say goodbye to another family member (one of the furry kind) see the post before this one on that! I'm so sorry mom and dad, Smoky will be missed alot!!!!

Hope everyone is well!!

No comments: