Tuesday, December 16, 2008

20 Years ago today....

I met the love of my life! Yep, Alvin and I had our 1st date 20 years ago today. I might add that it was a "blind date". I remember it very well, Susie (my best friend at the time) and Mike (Alvin's best friend at the time) fixed us up. I didn't find out till years later that Alvin was trying to get out of of going. I remember when he walked down the stairs of the apartment, He looked soooo good! His long hair and his blue auto mechanics jacket. We had to take his mom & dads Dodge Diplomat instead of Alvin's Trans Am cause it was broke. We went Downtown Indy and went to Union Station (that's when it was a cool hang out, it had shopping and an arcade) then to look at the Christmas lights on the circle, then we went to the Steak n Shake that was down the street from the circle (if anyone can remember when it was down the street from Market Square). No kiss that night, that happened on the 2ND date. Little did I know that I had just met the man I was going to marry.

He has given me the best 20 years. He gave me a wonderful son (that I really didn't think I was going to have) and a house that I love (even though he doesn't really like it). He has been so supportive though so much, all my ups and downs with weight (its been mostly up) when I got burnt, my pregnancy and the carpel tunnel, my infection and post partum after I had Ray and now my Carpel Tunnel surgery's and all the other things that he has to put up with, and he still loves me! I know that Husbands are suppose to do those things but from what I hear most don't, and I am so lucky to have found a man that supports me fully, loves me unconditionally and puts us before anything. I really have to thank his mom and dad for making him the man that he is.
We might not have it all but we have enough to make my life wonderful and I wouldnt change a thing!! I am so grateful to my wonderful Husband.


The 1st 3 pictures are of our 1st official Christmas together (1 year) I got Alvin a gold necklace and he got me a promise ring and a necklace, how cute is that? The last picture is at Alvin's Graduation in May of 89. These pictures are so funny. I hope you get a kick out of them like I do!

No comments: