Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rib Fest!

We went to our local Rib fest on Saturday night. We have lived here for 3 years and have never gone, so this was our 1st annual Rib Fest! They have local vender's, a few bands and fireworks at the end. We weren't sure what to expect, so Dawn helped us out, by giving us some idea's (taking our own cooler, chairs, blanket etc) So glad we did cause we were there all night! We met up with Steve, Dawn, and the kids, Grandma and Grandpa and a few guys Alvin works with. We sat next to the play ground so that the kids could go play, so we just plopped ourselves down and enjoyed the night! Might I add it was HOOOOOT! It was really almost to hot for us, other than that we had fun.

Ray and Brandon on the tire swing...


I think his expression here is cute...I really don't know what to say about this picture....one thing that comes to mind is, OH HE IS SO ADORABLE!!!The Texas Roadhouse armadillo that was giving out Free kids meal tokens...the same one that Ray HATED!!! I swear Ray could see him a mile down the road. Guess we wont be making a trip to Disney anytime soon (we hadn't even talked about it)Trying to keep cool, Alvin would splash water on him...This was really the best picture I had of the fireworks. I was really hoping Ray would stay awake long enough to see the fireworks, but the people putting on the show were running behind, so I think they started about a 1/2 hour late and he didn't make it. If they had gotten started on time he would have seen them, and he slept right though them, he didn't even budge. We enjoyed ourselves and it was a nice night (despite how HOOOOOT it was) I am looking forward to this week, because I only work 3 days then I'm off for a week. Cant wait!


Bye for now!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yah, I was trying to sleep during those damn fireworks! Glad YOU enjoyed them. :)